The importance of stepping outside your comfort zone

The importance of stepping outside your comfort zone.

The unknown is always magnified; stepping into the unknown breaks down these walls and opens the door to familiarity. You begin to build a resilience to your own fear. The habit of excellence is a virtue. By doing the things you fear most, subconsciously and with every breath, you configure a new found level of confidence. Lastly, you never know who you are going to meet. When you travel in the same circles, you are always going to see the same things. Venturing out of your comfort zone can mean excitement, adventure, and greater opportunity.




I wrote the above as a "Hoorah!" mantra I give to myself as I look in the mirror to get ready for my day. To be honest, every networking event I go to I still have to psyche myself up. I go knowing no one, in hopes to secure that one deal with a wink and a handshake. Sometimes my own insecurities get the best of me. If my inner thoughts and voice were broadcasted to the world it would be quite a different picture than the one that I portray. Inside my mind is like a floor of scattered legos with no interlocking pieces...





Comments

Popular Posts